The distribution of LDL subfractions decides on the risk of myocardial infarction
Liposcan is a new method, which determines the actual risk of heart attack by differentiated analysis of HDL's and LDL subfractions.
- LipoScan identified and differentiated first all cholesterol particles quantitatively by size
- LipoScan differentiates the highly atherogenic small dense LDL and IDL from large less atherogenic LDL and VLDL and the protective HDL
- LipoScan determined also recently discussed IDL fractions
Discover and treating risk patients with dyslipidemia at screening, treat- ment decisions-and monitoring.
Clinical benefit for screening, treatment decisions and monitoring of lipid disorders associated with risk for diseases of the coronary arteries:
- Determining the true atherogenic risk of the patient
- Conserving possibly counterproductive-productive drugs
- Targeted Therapy
- Therapy monitoring: especially important because sometimes when administered cholesterol lowering agents, although decreases total cholesterol, but accumulate the atherogenic LDL particles. A normal LDL control would here suggest a seeming therapy success.
In-Vitro Diagnostic Test for separation and measurement of cholesterol in lipoprotein fractions and lipoprotein subfractions.
LipoScan measures cholesterol levels in mg / dl in every lipoprotein (sub) fraction from VLDL to HDL (total 14 parameters: total cholesterol, total LDL, HDL, VLDL, IDL 3 fractions, fractions 7 LDL). FDA approval was granted in the US.
Demographic studies have shown that the classical lipid profiles of patients did not significantly differ from those with diseases of the coronary vessels Healthy. Almost 50% of people who develop heart disease, have "normal" cholesterol levels.
LDL cholesterol, the lipid that is most commonly associated with cardiovascular disease, is heterogeneous (diverse) and consists of up to seven subfractions. Large circulating LDL particles are less atherogenic.
Small dense LDL particles are associated with a threefold higher risk for cardiovascular disease.
Traditional lipid profiles identify the risk of cardiovascular disease is not caused by the presence of small dense LDL and IDL particles. Behind normal cholesterol levels are dangerous LDL particles may hide and vice versa have higher cholesterol levels not necessarily be subject to a risk of heart attack.
Supposedly requiring treatment patients (because of high cholesterol levels) turn out to be unharmed, while supposedly healthy turn out to be high-risk patients (due to normal cholesterol levels) (see fig. 1 and 2).
Testing for small LDL subfractions was recognized by the "National Cholesterol Education Program Adult Treatment Panel (NCEP ATP III)" as a new method to investigate the risk of cardiovascular disease.
PRINCIPLE OF ANALYTICS
LipoScan separates and quantifies all lipoprotein (sub) fractions - including the "big", less atherogenic LDL-1 and LDL-2 and the "small" high atherogenic LDL-3 through LDL. 7 Patient results are compared according to the NCEP ATP III guidelines.
The test also measures VLDL and IDL cholesterol in conjunction with type III dyslipidemia and associated Hyperlipidproteinämien.
- Normal reference ranges, based on the guidelines of the "National Cholesterol Education Program Adult Treatment Panel" (NCEP ATP III)
- A value outside the reference range are marked in red
- Easy to interpret, color-coded profile distinguishes a normal type A lipid profile of an abnormal non-Type A profile
Should really high levels have shown to atherogenic LDL particles, it is possible to determine the cause of this finding.
Different genes may be responsible for this in cooperation. With a simple genetic test can determine this. From this, a specific therapy can be derived individually for the patient. This includes both allopathic approaches with lipid lowering agents as well as the targeted lifestyle changes and nutrition. It is the patient plastically made aware, which means that one or another way of life in connection with his genetic profile. Thus, the patient can even influence.
Preanalytics AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Please send only fasting (12 hours) than serum or EDTA plasma.
- Samples may be stored at 2 to 8 degrees Celsius for up to 5 days.
- Processing time about 1 week
Liposcan ( CVA7)
Liposcan including UK shipping.
Turn Around Time: 7 days.